It’s officially our 2nd Anniversary! w00t! Get your fancy hats and party gear ready to go! Can you believe it’s been ANOTHER year already?! Now for the details you have all been waiting for! Well…in just a bit. I must say that it’s been fun listening to all the buzz about this year’s big social event! As we turn to celebrate this year, I want to make sure that we honor more than just Diary of a Wizard. The Ravenwood Ball certainly was founded to mark our special day in interwebz history, but there are so many other sites & bloggers that need to be recognized as well. Last year we partied with Student Teacher nominees & danced the night away….well until Ravenwood Academy burst at the seams! Poor Bartleby, we had to clean up for days. This year I would like to take this opportunity to bring together the community in a new and exciting way. Instead of just meeting at Ravenwood Academy, we will branch out into mini-parties. The first mini-party will be at my new Sultan’s Palace to celebrate Diary of a Wizard’s 2 year anniversary. Once this location is full, the next mini-party will open. The other locations will be up to YOU, the community!
How can I participate or host a mini-party for the Ravenwood Ball?If you fit the requirements above, please send me an email – ravenwoodball(at)diaryofawizard.com to let me know you would like to participate as a Party Host. If you would like to help with a transport bus, email me too!
- You must write or blog about Wizard101.
- You must own a Castle. Any home from around the spiral will work. Although, the larger castles are preferred since they have more space for people to spread out.
- You must be available on June 25th, 2011 from 6PM Central until 8PM Central (or later).
- You must be willing to dress up & decorate for this festive event. What a perfect time to show off your perfect outfit & castle!
- You must be willing to promote this event on your blog or website.
I don’t want to be a Host. I just want to PARTAAY!Now that the specifics are out of the way, we can explore the LOOT BAG! This year there will be many prizes given out over the next few weeks leading up to The Ravenwood Ball.
- RSVP to the event!
- Pick out the perfect outfit for the biggest social event of the year! This is your chance to show off your unique style in Wizard101.
- Arrive at Ravenwood Academy of Magical Arts on June 25th, 2011 at 6PM Central – Vampire Realm/Area 1.
- Be aware that as soon as Area 1 begins to fill up, we will start the mini-parties!
- Bring a SMILE.
Prizes include:If you would like to sponsor/donate prizes or codes to the loot bag, send an email to ravenwoodball(at)diaryofawizard.com.
- 3 Epic Bundle Giftcards – Massive Fantasy Palace (sponsored by Wizard101.com)
- 20 codes for 1000 Crowns (sponsored by Wizard101.com)
- Pet Pack (sponsored by W101pets.com)
- Mystery Prizes (sponsored by RavenwoodRadio.com)
- Summer Dragons & 1 Death Scarab (sponsored by Petnome.com)
- 5 KIFreeGames.com codes (sponsored by The Necromancer’s Epitaph)
- 3 Sea Turtle Mounts
Week 1 Contests (May 29th, 2011 – June 4th, 2011)
#1 - Design a poster for The 2nd Annual Ravenwood Ball & Birthday Bash!
Submit your poster in one of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, or .png. Email your entry to ravenwoodball(at)diaryofawizard.com! Entries MUST be received no later than 11:59PM Central Saturday – June 4th, 2011. The winner will be chosen by my family and announced on Sunday – June 5th, 2011.
- 1st Prize: 1 Epic Bundle Giftcard
- 2nd Prize: 1 Sea Turtle Mount & 1 Summer Dragon Pet
- 3rd Prize: 1000 Crowns
now i know i might come and if i do i will look like this:
Happy pet collecting,
The Cool Theurgist